The notes listed herein are intended as a cursory overview. Please be sure and listen to the episode to hear exactly what was said.
Essentially, depending on an established UI framework can have it’s limitations – especially as it relates to agile.
- custom behavior can be time-consuming to build
- in the long run, would it have been easier to build your own UI components – not all of them, but key ones especially
- how well must designers understand the platforms they are targetting
- how do we stay agile with respect to the general UI design
- wireframes vs final mocks
- estimations in a business world
- enterprise products, not so custom
- creative products, custom controls yeah!
- style guides
- UI vs UX
- graphic design vs workflow
- agile dodging, positioning body correctly to be able to pivot
- are we positioning ourselves if we commit to UIKit
- while the Apple frameworks are well supported, they were built up by people just like you and I with, for the most part, the same access we have to the underlying SDK
- learning how to build these up ourselves